How often will you conduct inspections?
Routine inspections are conducted every four months. You will be provided with an Entry Notice with 7 days’ notice prior to the scheduled routine inspection.
Are Pets Allowed?
Prior to committing to a pet, please complete a Pet Application Form and return it to our office. We will attempt to advise you with a response within 24 hours. A reminder that you must not take on a pet without approval – this is a breach of your tenancy.
What if I can’t pay my rent this week?
At Best Property Rentals, we have a zero tolerance for rent arrears. If you have experienced an emergency situation that has stopped you from being able to pay your rent, please notify your property manager immediately.
Our arrears policy is:
- 1 day late Phone call and / or email and / or text message
- 2 days late Owner is notified of your breach
- 3 days a further follow-up reminder call/text/email
- 8 days late Notice to remedy breach issued
- 16 days late Notice to leave issued
Can I break my lease if required?
We understand things happen. Change of employment, relationships break-down, etc. In these cases, the need may arise when you have to break your lease agreement. There is a system for this:
- Completing a lease break form (download form here)
- Pay the equivalent of 1 weeks’ rent plus 10% GST
- Pay $100 for realestate.com advertisement
- Pay $77 for a For Rent sign
Please note that you are still responsible for rent and upkeep of the property until a suitable tenant is secured to take over your lease.
How often are the routine inspections and what do you look for?
We conduct routine inspections every four months and we are looking for any repairs that may be required and for any cleaning, or maintenance issues. We hope to see the house is presented well and is in a neat and tidy condition and look to see the lawns and gardens present well.
You don’t have to be present for the inspection
We will use our office keys to access your property. Your home will be left the way it was found, with care taken to leave door locks the way we find them
What do we do about maintenance issues?
All repairs must be reported in writing to us. Please complete the Maintenance Request Form which you will find on our website under the Tenant’s Menu.
What about emergency maintenance?
Emergency repairs should be reported by contacting our office 3437 8616, or 0438 888 621 The following list describes what can be described as emergency maintenance issues:
- Blocked or broken toilet
- Serious water leaks in the roof
- Any electrical faults that would be a safety hazard
- Storm or fire damage
- Gas leaks, suspected gas leaks, or no supply of gas to the property
- Broken or cracked glass, windows, doors, etc
- Broken water pipe/s
- No water supply to the property
- No electricity supply to the property
- Fallen trees on the property
- Any issue that renders the property unsafe, insecure, or may cause injury to a person
How do I pay my rent?
Rental payments can be made:
- Electronic Banking – Log into your Internet banking and “Transfer Funds” into our account.
Bank Details for Best Property Rentals:
Account # 407 154 255
Account Name: Best Property Rentals Trust Account
Reference # Your date of birth
What if someone wants to move in with me?
Please have them complete a Rental Application and provide it to our office with 100 points of ID and proof of income. For more information on applying for a property, click here
Neighbourly Disputes – What to do?
Contact the local police and report the disturbance
We’ve lost the keys, or we’re locked out. What do we do?
Losing your keys or being locked out can be very upsetting. Please do not contact your property manager after office hours. You will have to call a locksmith. During office hours, contact our office and make arrangements to collect our office set. A key deposit of $100 is required and keys must be returned to our office the same business day.